View Single Post
      04-12-2022, 07:03 PM   #22
Prolix-2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Volvo + Misc other Euro cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyroneShoelaces View Post
Are you buying multiple donor cars to put the wagon together? Unless I was doing something big, I would just buy parts off a part out. In FL there are sooooo many E9X cars being parted.

Also is one of the cars a manual that looks like it was flooded? You have all the parts to do the swap and it's really not that hard but I don't know what your level of wrenching is. Swapping out the beige interior would be the top of my list before manual swap.
I wouldn't trust a flooded transmission. Might be fine, but that's work for a risky part. If doing it, I would start with something in better shape history wise.

As for buying multiple donors? I dunno, it's just what I do. You might say I have less time than money, so getting cars shipped in for convenience is far les expensive for me than going to someone for a part out.

The other N51 sport I mentioned was delivered today. Also awd, but this one has a staggered set of wheels and a steering wheel in much better shape.

Cute likkle spoiler on the back. I don't know if that's a stock thing or not, I haven't seen it before. As a knee jerk reaction in passing the paint on it didn't look terrible, so factory or a quality aftermarket paint job?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0