Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricio
Update:

I went back to my local shop this morning and met with the main manager...and after examining the tire with the bulge (which had grown to be about 1/3 the circumference of the tire) he came to the conclusion that the damage was done by them. He gave me two options:

1. They will have my wheels refinished...all 4 of them the guy said, so that the paint color will match, and he would pro-rate my tires (which are almost down to the tread marker)
Cost to me: roughly $500 when the wheels become available

2. They will replace my two rear tires with new Bridgestone Run-flats. My rims stay chipped but at least it's the original factory finish and not some guy painting them and clearcoating them. But I have to live with the chips in the wheels.
Cost to me: Zero

I think I'm going to go with the new tires and live with the chips.

In the meantime, they mounted a matching size non-runflat Nitto so I can drive around until the new tires come in...no telling when.

I guess I'm pretty satisfied but I have to deal with chipped 162's. And this tire backorder thing is ridiculous but hopefully they'll fix it soon.

What do you guys think?
I'm going to avoid the whole RF issue and get non RF tires. The treadwear sucks and the worst of any brand of RF and the treadlife is too short. I'm going to get the Goodyear F1s to replace the Bridgestones and deal with flats as they come! Good Luck!