Booster4075
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdaveyg View Post
Just an update from me.

I have successfully changed my VO and configured my CCC from logic 7 output to analogue output using the autologic system.

I have a new style CCC with the additional touch sensitive buttons on the front. The CCC has a later if not latest firmware installed as i do not get any feedback on the idrive controller.

Because its the first time the autologic system has configured an e90, it took a bit of time to work out what needed doing but after 3 visits to the garage we got it going.

visit 1,

initial visit, autologic system needed a firmware update to communicate to the car. Once updateded it uploaded the information from the various modules in the car, and they got sent to autologic. The software guys then take a look and work out what needs changing. The then send the instructions to the garage.

visit 2

VO changed and sipmly on the autologic touch screen you see your list of options, remove the pro radio option and add pro navigation. The system then updates the various modules that need changing. Then the car goes to sleep to take the configuration. Now I install the CCC and let the autologic system talk to the car again. Once this has happend the autologic system reports what needs updating, in this case the CCC. Now when we tried to do this, the autologic system reported back saying it needs the fiber optic interface tro complete the task. We didnt have one!

visit 3.

Autologic do have a fiber optic optional connector but some garages do not have it. We managed to borrow one to get the job done. The CCC did report back some errors when updating the irst time, but after 2 attempts it took the update. The autologic system reported back that all modules were upto date, but we still did not have any audio. We had to then go into the CCC options in the autologic system and do a hard reset, then we had music! Ipod controlls all worked ok too and PDC.

So there is not any direct option to configure the CCC, it seems that it looks at the VO to see what options it needs to have, and after the VO has been changed the CCC thinks it should be in the car and configures itself.

I also noticed that before the VO was changed, when i hooked up the equipment in the car, the menus back light was always on, and the screen would not dim when the lights were switched on. Now it works as it should.

So in theory, it can be a quick process with autologic, aslong as the garage has the know how and the fiber connector.

I already have the dash, so i have ordered the extra parts required, and will do the fit as soon as they are here.

Autololgic is a UK based company but the have garages all over the UK and USA with the equipment.
What is build date of your car - AND - were you able to get the programmable buttons on the front of the CCC working/programmable?
Appreciate 0