07-25-2008, 01:26 PM   #408
meyergru
No military grade
Germany
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler9595 View Post
The SA said their current progman is 30.2 and my car was not updated b/c, per their diagnostics there are no changes in 30.2 that were not also included in 29.2. I'm not 100% sure what this means...can anyone here explain?
That's what my foreman told me. No version is out yet that is said to fix the issues. So, an update is useless.
The Progman packages include firmwares for up to 70 different units. He told me that there was no DME version change in the current Progman version. That means, v29.2 differs in other aspects from v30.x than DME firmware, maybe navigation software or "something completely different"(TM).

There is one german MY07 335i owner who brought his car into the shop today and gets a DME update to the most current version (he reported motor problems). I have asked him to request what exact version he will get and check for turbo lag (I'm almost sure it will be present after the upgrade).

I am still waiting for an upgrade fix that fixes the 6FL and the DME problems. Oh, BTW, my 6FL is working again after a hardware exchange. Seems it was killed in the process of downgrading it to v27.02.02, which makes me begin to understand why a downgrade looks like a bad option as a makeshift intermediate fix for you v29.2 guys.
Appreciate 0