View Single Post
      07-27-2008, 11:32 AM   #24
Mr_T
Brigadier General

Drives: Blindfolded

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbrokeagain View Post
haha dammit I wanted my pic to be on the front page

Hey Marc I definetly see what you were talking about with the apeture (sp?) setting and that it takes some experience to focus it just right. Your pic of Craig in the first few shots was really blurry and almost overexposed, yet the black E90 in the background was perfectly in focus.....Im going to try experimenting with it later if I get the chance this afternoon.
Yeah I remember that one.... I saw Craig, I just turned and snapped it. I hand my camera set to a specific focusing setting (spot focus) which is a very narrow view and one you use for portrait photos i.e. people/objects are not moving. You must aim exactly at your target or you target will be out of focus. I also have a setting where the camera will focus on the closest object to you, If I had it set there I prolly get the shot...

The lighting was a little tricky early, I was using a polarizing filter to remove glare, but he sun kept going in an out thus explaining some of the darker shots. A little post processing with photoshop will fix those, so if anyone is interested I can fix, let me know.

When you move to aperture priority your pics will improve with respect to sharpness but it is critical you aim to what you want to be in focus. If you do your shots will be tack sharp. Start with something close to F6, check you shutter speed, you want to be 350 or over if not using a tripod. If you have shaky hands keep lowering your aperture to increase shutter speed. Higher aperture setting = tighter/sharper foreground/background, lower aperture = more blurred foreground/background. Sometimes you may want to do the latter to get rid of the background leaving your target as the only thing in focus.

Example 1: BMW amongst other cars in a crowded lot, you may want to use the lowest aperture setting to blur out everything but target

Example 2: Grand Canyon or landscape shot, you want to use the highest aperture setting possible, because you want the most depth of field in focus.. depth of field meaning the foreground and background of your shot

My camera tip of the day..

Nice hangin with you bro!

'07 E90 Jet Black/Black Leather | ZSP| ZPP | ZCW | AT | Paddles | Hartge Lip (Rep) | Blacklines | Ultimate Racing CAI | PROcede v2.0.2-26