View Single Post
      11-26-2023, 02:55 PM   #21
janpa7
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi (N54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa.e92 View Post
You can get a cheap walnut blast kit and adapter for under $250. The valves get squeaky clean with minimal effort within minutes.
Make sure the injectore bore is clean and inspect it visually. The Teflon seals should be expanded, slid onto injector, compressed again, than installed right away.
Teflon tape and stuff are bandaid fixes. Oval happens due to improper removal of injectors usually from people wiggling them. Some jackasses forget the decoupler that can also cause that. If everything with the new injector install checks out. I’d look into the injectore bore. If you have access to a leak down tester that will also help you determine if that is the cause.
Proper fix is the pfi injector bore repair kit. You can search about it on Facebook forums much more active
Thanks for your answer again!

So, yesterday I removed the injector 4, this time I had to apply force to pull the injector out (with the proper tools), which was encouraging. I properly removed the old seal, expanded, inserted the new seal and compressed it with the correct tools for N54 (and of course decoupler was on!).

When I reinstalled the injector, it really felt as if it seated well into the injector bore, it felt very tight and nice. And, the injector didn't wiggle at all when I very gently pushed the injector sideways with minimal force. The injector bore looked clean.

The symptoms didn't improve much, maybe by only 5%
But, I still get the misfire on cylinder 4 on WOT and misfire on cylinder 3 re-appeared like magic... hesitation is also still here.

So now, I am back to walnut blast. I know I can buy the tools to do it (even though I don't have air pressure), but turning the engine and making sure the valves are tightly closed is tricky and I would prefer a professional mechanic do it instead of me. I'll try again to find one in my area or near...

I'll also do leak down and compression test if walnut blast doesn't solve the issue (I don't have the tools).

I'll also buy 2 new plugs and change them on cylinder 3 and 4 to see if that solves the issue tomorrow. My plugs have 1k on them, but maybe they were incorrectly torqued by the mechanic or defect...

I'll keep you informed. Have a great week!
Appreciate 0