07-29-2008, 12:07 AM   #22
roy@gambitmotorsport
Something Else
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i coupe 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_E92 View Post
For some reason...the FK452 was so easy to spin out, and once it start to understeer I have to brake alot to bring the car back, everything might be due to my driving...I'm using them on 19'' Rays ITC btw...

But once I switched to 18'' Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec, there's a night and day difference...just impossible to spin out and easy to control when the tail starts to slide.
Hmm... I can't explain that at all, except possibly track conditions or driving style.

The stock 335i pushes/understeers a lot, but like any RWD car you could certainly get the back to rotate a bit with throttle lift and especially with braking all the way up to the apex. I could get this with all my tires so far, Bridgestone, Continental, Falken - each coming back with more control, especially at the edge.

The Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs sound like quite a tire - I don't doubt it. The price isn't too bad, either.

But, all the same, I was much enjoying watching the majority of drivers/vehicles in the other run group at last weekend's autocross coming in behind my times, rather than the other way around.

I'd like to hear more about others' experience with both the FK-452s and the Direzza Z1 Star Specs, especially at autocross.

Roy