View Single Post
      02-05-2024, 12:11 AM   #1
italstallion
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i XDRIVE

Rear Wheel Bearing, Rear Differential, or Driveshaft Bearing Noise?

Hi e90 post,

I have a 2011 E90 335i XDrive 6-speed manual with 125k miles and have been experiencing a humming/“whomp whomp” noise coming from the rear of the car. I have reason to believe that it could be a wheel bearing, rear differential, or a bearing along the driveshaft. The noise doesn’t really change going from one side to the other when turning left or right. The car is completely stock and is on 17 inch runflats. I’ve checked the tires and they seem to be all even with no signs of premature or uneven wear.

The video attached takes place on the highway going about 60mph and then getting off at about 40mph and then to about 25-30mph, with a stop towards the end. Additionally, I start with my phone in my hand located at the center of the car and then move to the rear right footwell, then the left rear footwell, and then back to the center. For the last 50 seconds or so, the phone is sitting on the rear middle seat.

Any potential guesses as to what this could be are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BMW E90 Rear End Noise Video
Appreciate 0