View Single Post
      03-29-2024, 05:31 PM   #1
sleeeper90
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

N55 2BDE limp mode

Hey guys, I was doing a pull in my car earlier today and mid 3rd gear pull I got a limp mode/ reduced power notification, the car ended up dying and would not restart. The only code that was present was 2bde Fuel pressure on enabling of injection' pressure too low. That's the first time I've seen that code come up, after trying to reset fuel adaptations and trying to start for a few minutes with no luck, the only real thing I did was let it sit there for a few minutes while my buddy showed up to tow and then it started back up and ran pretty much like normal. That's new to this car, its never just died and wouldn't start before. Now thinking back earlier this week I had one morning that it was bucking and hesitating pretty good a round 10-20% throttle with no real load but hasn't done anything like that since other than completley dying on me today.

Recently though this car has been in the process of being tuned by Wedge, is it possible that the new tunes are putting extra strain on the hpfp and causing it to cut out? When I was trying to start it back up on my mhd app the fuel pressure wasn't doing anything while I was cranking it over. Does anyone have any thoughts on this, had any similar issues with the code or hpfp problems? And is that code even directly linked to the hpfp, i don't want to just throw a pump in it if its not the issue. Also it does have a precision 2.5 bucketed pump, but I have not upgraded the pressure regulator, does anyone know if the in tank pressure regulator works with both systems or just the low pressure one in the tank. Let me know what you guys think, I don't have much to go off of other than that single code as of right now
Thanks!!
Appreciate 0