United_States
Rep
Drives: Green '07 & Arctic '08 335i's

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneykickin View Post
So, I have the oil pan all unbolted, got it off but I can’t exactly get it out, lol. Too tight. I have nOT removed shift linkage though or loosened the control arms. I was hoping this wasn’t needed and I’ve read somewhere that it’s not needed but obviously I am not good at “Tetris” as other folks on this forum are, lol.

I will remove shift linkage and see if it gives me a little more clearence. I’m close but need like maybe a half inch or so more clearence.

Any tips best way to get it out other than the 2 things I mentioned?

Also, was worried about removing steering linkage because of the reninstall. Is it a pita to reinstall? Or will it just pop back in once jack up the subframe to reinstall than just put the new bolt in?

Thanks
I am about to start this service and have researched quite a bit. Have you removed the sway bar mounts? Have you removed the small coolant pipe that runs along the top of the subframe? Those two steps seem crucial in removing items from the subframe that may prevent it from dropping. I plan to follow the technique shown by Bimmerbarn, plus I have a quickjack. None of the DIY's I have seen mentioned anything about the shift linkage, I don't think that is related at all. The steering shaft looks pretty simple, just one bolt and it only goes back on one way.
Appreciate 0