View Single Post
      05-10-2024, 10:06 AM   #6
Peter Morrin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90(sedan) 328xi

Our modification objectives and approaches are very similar. I also chose to stay with 17" wheels for reduced weight. When you do buy new tires, consider the tire weight also. I understand the Michelin Pilot tires are excellent, likely better, than the Continental for summer only conditions.

My brake options are limited by my use of 16" rims for winter tires. If you stick with 17" rims year round, you may be able to use two-piece rotors and/or aluminum calipers. The rotors would be the first priority as rotating mass, but lighter calipers will reduce un-sprung mass. These would not be in your first priority list, but something you might consider when your brakes need replacing.

An excellent build article for maximizing performance from an N52 car has been written by "BiginBoca" on this site. His emphasis is weight reduction. His car is RWD but many of his modifications are also applicable to an N52 xdrive. Excellent information, well-researched, tested on the track.

There are others with a lot of "earned" experience in suspension set-ups on this site. Most are very generous with their time and helping others. Keep an eye open for the regular posters in the suspension forum and the track forum where suspension tuning is paramount.
Appreciate 0