08-29-2008, 10:58 PM   #46
rwalker
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: the wheels off

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Upgrades the E92 factory aluminum under car chassis brace, with a high strength, steel, aero tubing design for superior chassis rigidity and good looks. Brace is intended to increase exhaust clearance by 3/8" for many popular aftermatket exhausts.

HP Autowerks, Inc. worked very closely with Hotchkis to expand the application to the E90's.

In the case of the E90's, This brace will add significant chassis stiffening since they didn't come with a full brace like the E92's. And since E90's didn't come from the factory with this brace, two additional brackets and bolts are required to complete the installation.

Here is what is required:

33-32-6-777-638 Bracket Left
33-32-6-777-639 Bracket Right

07-11-9-905-502 Hex screw X 2

Full installation with photos will be posted in a few days!

Price is $450 with FREE shipping to the 48 states.
As an E90 owner I was intrigued by this brace, but when the price was announced at $450 I was really taken aback.

I did a little research, starting with the above information. I found that mounting the stock E92 brace on my E90 would only cost $120 including the extra hardware from Tischer.

For the extra $330, what does this brace really offer in excess of the factory E92 brace besides exhaust clearance? This brace operates mostly in tension, right?

Can you post some pics of the increased clearance?

Thanks,
Rob