thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Drives: 2010 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE90M3
theres really no negative about getting the 18" wheels/tires over 17". From a ride standpoint, its all about tires these days, and technology has really advanced to a point that 18" tires feel like 16" of days ago. THe only real drawback to 18" wheels is that they are easier to damage on curbs when parallel parking. So just be more careful
MarkE90M3,

with the help of the positive reviews and feedback from this forum regarding the Sport suspension and 18" wheels, I'm 110% happy with my choice of 18"(style 162) wheels. Big up to this forum and members!!

My worry is that I'm going to be fixing rims all the time because some of the roads I use around here are not ideal...and to make matters worse, my right foot is freakin' too heavy, so by the time I see a pothole it's usually too late to do anything.

My 235/40 17" tires of my beloved E36 were always in the repair shop, because of the surprise potholes that mushroom in the middle of a perfectly looking road. Well, I will have to learn to adapt my driving style, because this time I won't even have a spare wheel to talk about while a bent rim is at the repair shop.

But then again I refuse to let potholes and bad roads decide the wheels of my E90 hehehe....18" all the away!!!
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010