View Single Post
      09-26-2008, 03:33 AM   #6
E90PC
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Drives: E90 330i

Thanks for the reply!!!!! So what is the difference between the original high-performance filter (blue) and the Pro-Dry S filter (grey)? Also which one has better performance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksilver1029 View Post
well ive never heard of a stage 1 for the e90. i have a stage 2 oiled for my 328. it works the same on a 330. the stage 2 oiled is the best "performance-wise" of the AFEs

the best pricing is autoanything
http://www.autoanything.com/air-filt...0A3015784.aspx

good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
oiled filter allows more air to enter compared to the non-oiled one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamc514 View Post
Non-oiled filters won't foul the MAF sensor over time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyK View Post
i have the stage 2 non oil, it is great, the sound is the best part, then the extra bit of HP and the throttle response is much improved, but yes the oil from the stage 1 will get on your MAF air sensor and they cost about $1000 so stage 2 is the best if you want to play it safe, oil is better to get more air throught the filter but need to be cleaned and re-oiled, stage 2 you shake or rinse with water and your done.
06 SG E90 | Sport Package | 35% Tint | Mtec V3.0 Angels Eyes | Blacklines | 19" BBS LM Rep | RPI Air Scoops | RE Ikon Exhaust | CF CSL Trunk | CF ACS Roof Spoiler | Hamann Eyelid | Matte Black Grill | OEM 335 Calipers & Rotors | 3000k HID Foglight | OEM Splitters + Hamann Style Lip | CF Vinyl Trim ***CF Vinyl Interior Trim***