Originally Posted by Orb
I got some more interesting stuff to come. I have been busy correcting the KW v3 with yet another set of new spring and modified camber plate. The KW camber plates are very well design and have 7300 PSI axial load limit spherical bearing. The design also uses a separate thrust bearings which are noise resistance. The KW camber plate stack height was off a lot so after testing the isolator. I recalculated the proper nominal stack height that accounts for the isolator deflection. I also reclaimed 5 mm of suspension travel that was lost. This was all so important to getting the right ride height and spring preload. These plates have 0.7 degrees of addition caster built in so I will be running 7.9 degrees caster.
A few pictures of the 2nd iteration of the camber plate modifications. I havenít put the studs in yet as I just picked them up. I post more in another thread when I finished testing the new setup and bushings.
Give TC Kline camber/castor plates a try, you will see about +9 degrees of castor!