7) remove pin holding door of glove box to the roof of the glove box.
Use needle nose pliers to grab the right side and then just push to the left.
8) Remove the glove box door by pulling on it. This is what you end up with.
9) Six T20 torx screws hold the upper piece of the glove box. Remove them all
To remove the upper glove box piece.
Careful as there is some wiring to undo here.
There are 4 wire harness pieces to unplug. See arrows in the pic for location.
10) Remove the 2 cup holders. Again, someone had a DIY for it so here is the link: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=16
The entire removal of the glove box took 35 minutes.
11) Take a break. The battle ground looks like this now.
12) Not a step but a curious note…
While inspecting the area, I find a spider web!!! What the!…
Oh well. All clean now and no sign of the spider.