Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 07 e92

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
Anatomy I & II in college made me start running. After I learned running helps circulate the lymphatic system, I've been running ever since. Also, I've noticed running really helps to take your mind off things, especially stresses of the day!
I couldn't agree more, running really calms the mind.

Quote:
Good for you that you're actually training for something. We really don't have any kind of marathons or anything like that around here.
Sharp, I'm sure if you did a little research you'd probably find something of interest in the your area or surrounding areas. But I could be wrong.

Quote:
I try to run at least 8 miles every week. Sometimes I can't, but when I do, I feel great.

Sadly, though, I do all my running on the treadmill (my area has become too dangerous to run outside ).
Are there any schools nearby? If so, possibly try running the track there. You can usually find others runing or walking and you won't be alone out there. You might come across some single women too! I mainly run on weekends and twice a week if time permits because I have to get my cardio in somewhere between my gym time.