Here's a copy of a portion of my correspondence to them:

July 17, 2006

Bavarian Auto Recycling, Inc.
ATTN: Jeff (x613)
3688 Omec Circle
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742

RE: Invoice#: xxxxxx

Dear Jeff:

Since phone conversations have been unable to amicably and satisfactorily resolve problems which have resulted from my recent purchase from Bavarian Auto Recycling, this letter will serve to document what has transpired so far.

On June 23, 2006, I was informed that Bavarian Auto Recycling had E90 Euro Xenon adaptive headlights in stock. I was adamant that I needed “adaptive” headlights, not the non-adaptive ones that are frequently found on the European E90s. I was assured that these would be adaptive. I was charged $1000 for the headlights, a $3.41 surcharge, $77.76 tax, and $62.19 for shipping.

When asked how I would like my headlights shipped, I was offered FedEx 2-Day, which I agreed to. Two weeks later, I still had not received my shipment. Therefore, I called Bavarian Auto Recycling, spoke with Ty Goering who informed me that the sales person I had spoken to first was in error, failed to call me, and went on vacation. The “good news” was that Ty assured me the parts I had ordered were now in stock and that I would receive them shortly.

I received two of the wrong parts–they were not adaptive, was told the shipping costs would be refunded, and that a claim check would be sent to me. I never received this and your shipping department was unable to be of any help.

This last Friday ... I was assured by you that my credit card would be refunded. However, you refunded only in the amount of $1000 (one thousand) dollars. Bavarian Auto Recycling had charged me a total of $1143.36 (one thousand forty-three dollars and thirty-six cents)–a difference of $143.36 dollars.

Plain and simple, Bavarian Auto Recycling, Inc. has failed to deliver on the items it had promised.

I am asking that your company refund the remaining $143.36.

I can be reached by phone and by written correspondence. I anticipate a timely response to this most unfortunate experience, and will pursue any measures necessary to bring this problem to a satisfactory resolution.

Sincerely,

<my name>

cc: Better Business Bureau
400 S. Street
Sacramento, CA 95814-6997