Got Seoul?

Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenianz
Diversity along with stretches are good. I'm just simply trying to point out that treadmills could help him. I don't believe he should stay clear of treadmills, like you have stated. Also, depending on your schedule, running (outdoors) in the afternoon is not advisable, especially in this blazing heat.
As for the brand of treadmills; Precor, Nordic Track, and my favorite Smooth all have great cushioned models.
Let me say this. I have been a physical therapy assistant for the past 11 years and in the military. I have treated many people with back pain and believe me in my experience the treadmill is not something you want to get on. I have yet to run on or have seen anything great as far as treadmills goes. I have been to plenty of gyms and ordered plenty of equipment in my time and the treadmill is just a no-no for low back pain. Any other person would be ok but for him could cause more pain. That is why I suggested the other exercises to give more diversity with other cardio/running like exercises with no-impact. Common sense would tell you not to run in the afternoon but not impossible with proper hydration and conditioning. The military does it everyday. Lets just say you have you opinions and I have my experiences unless you have something to add.