View Single Post
      11-13-2008, 05:02 PM   #90
kaji335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by I335 View Post
I never said the fitment issue is Long's. I just said that the cracks don't matter. If someone sold you a brand new piece of wood trim for your dashboard that was 2 inches too short and you returned it with a scratch, you should still be refunded or be given a replacement piece because even if the piece was returned in perfect condition, it couldn't be resold anyhow - it's defective. Of course, all this is assuming the overlay was defective to begin with, and if this is truly the case, someone owes the OP a new piece. I'm not saying it's Long, but the OP deserves a replacement if this is in fact the case.
Of course the cracks matter, maybe it didnt fit because he didnt install it correctly, therefore causing cracks that now make it so the piece wont sit evenly. Also the cracks were not there when he recieved them which means they are no longer in the same condition.

Lets use your example, so if the piece is 2 inches shorter and I return it with saw marks at the ends, whos to say I didnt cut the piece, now if I returned it in the matter that I received it, it is much easier to prove my case that the product was defective.
Appreciate 0