View Single Post
      11-21-2008, 04:49 AM   #311
Booster4075
First Lieutenant

Drives: E90, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by song8062 View Post
Thanks for the information again, I can now understand how it works. but the vin of your car was not in the file, so you mean someone in dealer has done something tricky to enable that function for you? so guess is either they somehow encode your vin into the file and load it in at end of the programming session, or they did not even use the enable code (file/disk) at all , and enable it for you by using some other method?

Also I know your car has the microphone before, do you know where does that connect to? from the nav->pro retrofit documentation, it says the microphoe connect to CCC directly, but I want to know if the car had ULF or TCU(like your one) then how does the voice control work if the microphone is not connect to CCC. (I can't see the microphone that connect to CCC in the bluetooth retrofit documentation)

If you can tell me how your Microphone connect in your car that would be great.

Thanks
BMW actually encodes the VIN into the files. They are VIN specific from BMW. The dealer just uses the files with Progman. Without the files, the programming fails and voice control is not enabled.

I believe that there are two microphones - one for the CCC and one for the TCU, both in the upper console. (My car was already set up with it all working, so I never investigated further)
Booster4075 is offline   United_States