Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M5 Sapphire Black

Garage List
2008 335xi SOLD!!!! ...  [0.00]
2008 M5  [0.00]
Guys, I have a serious issue, need advice

Today on my way to work, I heard what sounded like a construction crew near my car. It sounded as if they were using a jackhammer to break pavement. As I drove off, the noise persisted. After a block I realized that it could be my car and I freaked out. Then I decided to figure out what it may be. I am not exaggerating but it sounded exactly like a street crew's jackhammer in every respect. The only other subtle information I was able to gather was that the frequency of the hammering changed with road speed and/or gear changes. I also heard what sounded like valves opening and closing and fluids squirting/swishing around. Weird enough all of these sounds came from the outside of the cabin. Since I was only 1 mile away from the nearest dealer I drove the car there. The car made those noises all the way there. At that point I turned the car off and got the shop foreman to go on a ride with me. There was no more noise. They put it on the lift and saw no visible signs of damage.

I don't know what to do. I don't really want to drive this car anymore. It has had so many rattles and a dead alternator (which left me stranded at 2000 miles) and now this.
Appreciate 0