normanh
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 320si

Garage List
2006 320si  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RostokMcSpoons
Actually the Falkens came out at 340 for the four, but I've not seen anyone have a bad word to say about them on any forums I've searched.

BMW won't sanction me changing to normal tyres - they say the car's ABS and sensors are all set for RFT's, also changing from BMW approved tyres may affect insurance and the DVLA as I'm 'modifying' my car

My BMW dealer has Michelin Sport RFT's in stock, they seem to be about the only ones left in the country - a 'bargain' at 578 for the two (cos they won't sanction mismatched tyres on the same axle either, so I've got to swap both, even though the other tyre still has 4mm of tread to go before it's illegal). I've just given them the go-ahead to put them on cos I'm getting very very bored with phoning around
Yor dealer is a liar, I've never heard such a load of crap, hows changing a tyre make modifying your car, as for the sensors they only pick up a difference in tyre pressure ON ANY TYRE RF or not I'll be changing mine when they're done. Ask him for a list of approved tyre's and at 580 for two no wonder he's spinning this crap
Sorry mate but I'd be rolling around the showroom if I was told that either with him in an armlock or laughing.