View Single Post
      01-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #248
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
So I don't frequent the Dinan website regularly. When did they put up their version of M3 parts swap for the 335? Did they plagiarize Harold/Orb or v.v.? Lots of us looked for bushing options a long ways back and didn't do anything about it. The M3 swaps are most convenient, albeit pricey; if you do everything (a lot more than the Dinan kit) you are into $1250+ for parts and $600+ for labor.

"3 Series > 335i, xi Sedan (E90) 2007-2008 > Chassis Tuning > High Performance Bushing Kit
High Performance Bushing Kit
Add to cart

High Performance Bushing Kit
A complete set of stiffer bushings for both the rear subframe and front lower control arms is available for 335i models. Replacing the excessively compliant stock bushings with stiffer, high performance bushings improves steering response and feel, as well as making handling much more predictable. Cars equipped with larger tires and wheels also benefit from a reduction in the tendency to follow ruts and grooves in uneven pavement.

The system consists of the four rear subframe bushings and complete replacement front control arms with the stiffer bushings already installed.

Part # D280-0004
Labor Hours 7.4
Price $799.00
Point Value 1
Special Notes Does not apply to xi models. Special BMW tools are required to remove the rear subframe. Alignment is recommended after installation."
I am not sure, but we have started the R&D process before Bimmerfest 2008, so that was about March or April of last year.

We had the M3 strut tower brace kit at Bimmerfest, but no one noticed it. Soon after, the front tension rods and wishbones were installed.
Appreciate 0