United_States
Rep

Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
2014 X1 2.8i xDrive  [0.00]
2000 323Ci  [3.00]
2006 330i  [4.50]
2013 BMW 135is  [4.50]
I have had nothing but consistantly bad experiences at Motorowerks. I live less than 2 miles from Motorwerks and go out of my way to provide Patrick my business. Here is my experience in a snapshot:

Moved back to the area after 3 years in FL in 2002. Brought my e46 in for service only to have the same problem not-fixed multiple times. I insisted that there was a software glitch causing my car to hesitate and they said no. Discussion was heated by the third time. During this third visit they said there was a service bulletin, they updated the software, no issue since then. Rude service manager.

2005 I'm ready to buy a new e90. I didn't even try Motorwerks. I went to Patrick had a great sales person, bought the car and since have had great relationships with the service department.

We also brought our Honda Pilot (since sold) into MW for service - which we did not buy at MW because of the above. I don't recall when exactly I brought it in but it was sometime between 2005 and 2007. Same rude service. We never went back with that vehicle either. Again we traveled out of our way to Rohrman Honda in Schaumburg.

Today, out of convenience, I stopped into MW to pick up a thermostat for my 93 318iS. Parts manager was pretty rude. While the parts manager went to get the thermostat I glanced at the screen. Retail was approx $44 and cost was approx 22. I asked for the BMWCCA discount. He tells me to go to pay at the cashier and I can pick up the parts when I return. The cashier has my invoice retail is listed as $62 and my cost (BMW CCA discount) is $44. Needless to say was not not happy. I went back to parts and told him I wasn't buying any of the parts as the markup was outrageous.

To me the dealer is all about the service experience and MW doesn't have service. Your call on whether you go to them, but I spoke with my wallet. They lost 2 new car sales because of their lack of service. In fact I didn't even give them an opportunity to get the sale.

Last edited by HeelToe; 02-08-2009 at 10:49 AM.