Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris33
I went to Rockingham to try out he E90 before it was released. BMW invited me and my partner. It was a fantastic day!

Took a 330i around the race track with a race intructor and then took a 320d out on the road.

To finish the day we took a X3 off road and then had lunch, complete with BMW cutlery and napkins! All free of charge.

Most of the E90's were fully loaded and 330i SE models.

I said to one of the instuctors "I wouldn't want to buy one of these cars when you've finished with them", he said, " no one will get to the chance to, BMW will crush them once we have finished with them".

You will have a great day. BMW put on a good event. Enjoy!
I went to the same track day Chris and loved driving the 330i SE round that track! When I told the instructor I wanted to buy one, he let me have another two more laps over the standard three! It was indeed an awesome day and made my mind up to buy the 330i SE. Like you I tried an X5 on the off-road course but it was spoilt by having a wet female instructor who kept nagging about speed - pathetic. None of the instructors on the skid pan nor the track restricted your speed, they just let you rip