View Single Post
      08-27-2005, 11:47 PM   #8
CnoteMD
Commander in Chief

Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I just took delivery of my car from Prestige BMW today. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. When I got there they showed me the car, went over the main options, features, and a quick run through of how to operate the various controls and electronics. Then I sat down to sign the paperwork.

Since my car was ordered, I had already settled on a price. The only negative to was dealing with the finance manager. I had told my salesperson that I would likely use outside financing due to the lower rates. But the finance manager refused to accept the financing I had obtained from E-loan because thier policy was to only accept "certified cashiers checks". I called E-loan and they said they could issue a certifiied check, but it would be Monday before they could even have it sent out.

The finance manager at Prestige basically told me that the only way I would be able to take the car today would be to use Chase Auto Finance. So my response was, the only way you will see me sign for Chase Finance is if you match or beat the terms I have with E-loan. Fortunately, I always bring a copy of my 3-credit agency FICO score when going to dealers. I told them that there are plenty of other sources that will have no problem financing me with a 790 credit score.

Less than 5 minutes later, they matched the terms and I drove off in my new car. My client advisor was very good and I will still give him 5's on the evaluation, but its a shame how the finance manager can ruin the car-buying experience. :mad:

Overall, I would probably still recommend Prestige to others. But I if you have outside financing, get a certified check first, and try to bypass the in-house financing altogether.

Michael
CnoteMD is offline   United_States