Thread: A Voice
View Single Post
      08-24-2006, 11:51 AM   #6
tl_boy
Major

Drives: tl

I agree, but in this case, this guy has made the best of his situation. There's got to be some respect for that.

I don't think people who have never visited a developing country will ever be able to fully emphatize with individuals who come from nothing and become successful. It is tremendously difficult to break the cycle of poverty in a family, and usually only 1 or 2 dynamic individuals in a family can achieve this [otherwise the cycle will repeat itself]. This speaks volumes of that individuals ability. I have been to places of poverty that most on here wouldn't believe existed, and its commendable if someone is able to come from that to becoming successful in a country as competitive as ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSilver
I have a problem with people coming to this country illegally.

Congress needs to fix our immigration laws so that people who want to come to the United States to work, and who have employers who are willing to hire them have a legal way to do so.

E90 Mods (work in progress): Euro Xenon Headlamps, 19" ASA AR-1's with Toyo T1R 235 fronts and 275 rears, Breyton style front spoiler, Breyton style rear spoiler, Huper Optik 40% Tint, TiAG with Black 'ette and Aluminum trim, Chrome grills, chrome exhaust, Hartge lowering springs, PMB Hyperwhites.