View Single Post
      08-27-2006, 10:56 AM   #279
techMology

Drives: '06 325i ZSP

Sony Ericsson w800i issues here too

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330iBMWguy
The problem is when you make a call, it doesn't go to the handsfree (car), it stays in the phone. To me, having to hit more, transfer sound is useless for handsfree setup. That's the point of handsfree, it's supposed to be hands free.
Exactly. I just got this phone, and (stupid me) didn't check this forum to see what others were experiencing. I'm having the same problem; incoming works okay, the phone pairs fine & stays connected, but I can't use my car's controls (steering wheel or dash) to place outgoing calls. Well, I *can*, but the audio stays on the w810i and it isn't routed through the car's speakers.

There is an option while you're on a call to transfer the audio to the "headset", but when I select that, it just locks up the phone.

If I dial using the w810i's keypad, sound is routed through the car's speakers, but to me, that's unacceptable. I love voicedial, and if I'm not going to be using it, I feel like I'm wasting 50% of the kit.

I e-mailed Sony Ericsson to ask them if they plan to address this problem in a future software update, and I also told them that I already contacted BMW and they told me SE was the issue, not BMW. Hopefully that will stop SE from trying to pass the buck.

I may downgrade to the k750i instead of keeping this phone, which totally sucks, because the k750i doesn't have 850MHz GSM, and I like the w800i.

So much for industry standards.
techMology is offline   Canada