View Single Post
      06-20-2008, 07:04 AM   #11
CAMike
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Drives: 2008 135i

I don't see the gas companies giving up the HUGE profits they continue to make through all of this. I'm not against them making money but when gas is at an all time high and their profits quarter after quarter are also at an all time high something is wrong. The consumer gets screwed as we have no other choice really. I know the environmentalists will flame me for this but if we have domestic oil available that would truly lower the price (ar at this point even just stablize the price) and reduce our need for foreign oil and the issues that go with it, we need to work to start using our resources. The economy is getting weaker and weaker and gas prices are starting to play a major role in the downward movement of the economy (airlines cutting routes, charging for baggage, food prices increasing, tourist destinations losing money as people are staying closer to home,money that used to be spent for movies-eating out-vacations-etc are now having to cover fuel bills...). Something has to be done...Sorry if that means the pink legged yellow billed striped winged fluffy bird has to build it's nest on an oil pipeline...just my opinion and I'm no expert on any of this...just my take.