09-12-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
calvino
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: had e90, 330i mystic blue

Garage List
2006 e90 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to calvino
Thumbs up DIY- Rear Power Outlet DIY for US Cars

Here is a little retrofit that you can do to add the rear power outlets that don't come with the US cars

time to complete DIY: 10 to 15 mins

what you need:

if you have beige int the part # is 51167150157

if you have gray int the part # is 51167150156

if you have black int the part # is 51167150155

I got my part from crown BMW for $14.95 UDPATE: BMW has the part priced as a mistake now it cost $60

this is the ONLY part that you need! I got 2 plug-in and 2 stoppers and I have to return them because the part comes with them allready

also you will need 3M quick connect you can get them at any hardware store they are $3 for a pack of like 20 ( you only need 4)

1) remove the rear console by pulling it with boths hands start from the top ( be carefull don't pull to hard , see picture

2) unplug a small blue cable from the AC before removing the piece

3) the AC unit is hold by 6 clicks just pull the clicks up and remove the unit . see picture

4) the ashtray is also hold by 3 clicks pull the big click on the top 1st and then push the other 2 clicks, see picture

5) click in everything in the new part

US cars does not come with the plug-in connector so need to use the quick connects

on your left side you will see a white connector with 2 cables one red and the other one brown ( that cables are for the outlet on the center storage)

6) cut the black head of the new part, see picture

7) connect the 2 red cables that come with the new part to the existing red cable using the quick connects

8) connect the brown cable to the existing brown cable using the quick connects

9) remember to connect the little blue cable for the AC unit before puting back the new center console

10) enjoy now you have 2 power outlets on your rear seats :rocks:

** my english is not that good, so I'm sorry if I make any grammar mistakes in this DIY. **
Attached Images

Last edited by calvino; 03-21-2007 at 12:01 PM.
calvino is offline   United_States