Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 330i SG 6M ZPP ZSP

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvino
I got the cable on ebay allready is not here yet BTW you know there is a DIY for radar detector allready, but is not properly mount, radars should be mount as low as possible that's why I'm going to do another DIY
Calvino - This isn't strictly true, depending on the detector - Valentine recommends mounting as High as possible - gives farther detection range because of over-the-horizon angle. The V1 is also a Laser detector, as well as having rearward facing sensors, so also needs unobstructed view through the rear window.

I've tested mine against known radar locations, and I get an earlier warning with the high mounting point, and low mounting gives me almost nothing from behind. But YMMV, depending on the specific detector you are using.

I do like your DIY for the power ports though. Is there a part number for Gray interior ?