View Single Post
      02-05-2009, 02:57 AM   #20
andy92782
Private First Class

Drives: '07 335i, '04 4Runner 4x4 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcommercial View Post
Oh, on the fold-down seats -- if I had that option on my car I might use, but I note that the used BMs with fold-down seats had really marred-up trim in the backseat from stuff bumping around. I also prefer keeping the bike behind the car, and not on top or inside.
I've had my 335 for 2 years now and I've been throwing road and mountain bikes in the back with the seats folded forward since the day I got it. There aren't any scuff marks anywhere except for a few along the plastic piece on the inner rearmost part of the trunk (but who cares). Every once in a while I'll get a little dirt on part of the rear seat but it's nothing a quick wipe of a towel or a vacuum won't fix. I like keeping the bike inside because it's secure. I don't have to worry about exposing my uber pricey carbon fiber MTB to all the baddies out there whenever I park.

Most people here would say they'd never buy a Lexus IS350 because they can't get it with a stick shift. As an avid cyclist, I say I'd never buy one because I can't get it with a folding rear seat. Infiniti G35/G37 for that matter, too.

Still, nice job on the hitch rack. One advantage they have over roof racks is no extra wind noise (and thus better gas mileage).
andy92782 is offline   United_States