View Single Post
      02-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #13
f30Seth
Futuristic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: f30 328i AW

This might not sounds as related to your case but, when I had my car serviced at BJ for an engine virbrating problem at start-up. I left my car there for about 3 days. They said it was just a cold start that might seems like an engine vibrating. I said OKAY I'll go pick up the car since I haven't driven it for 3 days. When I go pick my car up, they showed me this bill $60 charge for topping my windshield washer fliud. :/ come on, my car was only 4 month old by then, and I didn't even use the washer fliud that often to get it topped for usage again.

So I told the guy at the cashier that it's a bs, since I left my car there 3 days for a check-up on the engine or possibly the fuel pump and if there was nothing wrong with it or they haven't found anything unusual, I expect to take my car home unchanged. Above all, I told them that "I WASN'T NOTIFIED" of them changing the windshield washer fliud on my car nor I think it's necessary to change it since my car is literally BRAND NEW.

The cashier mumbled some shit and called the man responsible for the change, Roger if I recall correctly. He came along to say that it's how they do it at BJ "taking care of customer's car" I was like Yeah right. I still ain't paying that 60 bucks for a ridiculous washer fliud change as I wasn't notified of the change. He looked at me for a full second length and then said "OKAY, I'll take it off the chart" jotted some shit down on their copy of printed receipt and I was on my way home paying 0 dollar on my end.

I may sound cheap since it's only 60 dollars, but I gotta say I felt kind of backstabbed since they had my precious car for 3 straight days for nothing but a washer fliud replacement? come on, that's not the way to make money off customer and call it "taking care of customers" it was bitter a little afterwards but eventually, I put it away from my mind.

Hope this helps a bit, but in terms of getting your money back from what's already in their hand. I think it's going to be tough since they are going to slow ball the process and the reward of going through the whole hassle seems to be not worth it.