View Single Post
      02-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #21
john0213
The Allergy Season
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 Blk Saph. 335xi

I don't quite agree on what you just said.

If you were given a choice and agree to the decision you've made, i can understand that being the customer's fault; but to charge a customer without any authorization? What is that kind of business ethic?

If i was in this situation and was notified to be charge or not, i will choose not to. why am i paying $164 for a bullshit alignment when i can get a good local shop to align them for me for $90. i can get a reallly good local performance shop to align the wheels for me according to my driving habit for just a tad over $120.

if you were giving a choice to choose and have that many options, would you opt not to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Marbled View Post
Gzuz. You hit a curb. You're alignment is hooped. They did your alignment.

The error here is not in doing the alignment but in not pre-warning you that there would be a charge. Fair enough. Error. However, would you have said "no, don't do it. I'd like to put up with the existing issues and fcuk up my tires"? Don't think so. So the end result is the same, it's the method you disagree with. Fair enough again, I can understand. However, its done. All $164 of it.

Suck it up, pay the $$$, but tell them in no uncertain terms that any future unauthorized charges will be their responsibility. You expect to be notified.....full stop.

But I gotta say.......it's a little high strung to go bleed all over the net about your dealer and your SA over an alignment. Cheese and rice man - you're bitching because they gave you an '09 loaner and you don't like the way the mirrors look. Quite frankly, when you get too bent about minor stuff you actually get less. They feel like they have little chance of pleasing you anyways so why waste the few discretionary $$$ they have? Be cool but firm. Then make sure you have a laugh with them about something, anything, before you leave. Any luxury dealership has no end of bitchy "I deserve better" people. Be cool to them and they will find a way to be cool to you. Maybe not this time, but maybe next time. This is called building a relationship with your SA. Trust me. Done it with every car Ive ever leased.

I sense a little buyers remorse here. Is it about the car itself, or about the $$$$?
Cos I gotta tell you - wether they called you first or not your Audi dealer woulda charged for that.
Appreciate 0