View Single Post
      09-20-2006, 05:55 AM   #11
NFS
Major General

Drives: 335i m-sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw
I remember an article in a magazine once that compared 530d with 535d and asked the question whether the extreme version was actually a better car as an all rounder than the higher powered more expensive version - or maybe it was just better value? Anyway, I've done 3.5k in my 330d Se now and can honestly say that I don't crave a 335d (or a 330i) based on experience to date. I would like the look of the Sport but I'm not sure I'd want the stiffness - and I do like the dicrete performance it gives.

Actually, if I'm honest I can't think of anything I would rather have as my daily driver - probably the ultimate compliment from someone who swaps his car afr too often!
Because the 535d uses the older (218hp) 530d engine the new 530d (231bhp) has closed the gap significantly.

The 335d being based on the 231 hp engine will re-open that gap.

Of course we all want different things in cars !

The decision tree for me was a bit like this:

Sports suspension: yes don't even think about it - the stiffer and lower the better

Manual or Auto: MANUAL - I'm driving and I'm changing the gears.....

Petrol or Diesel: Diesel ... no petrol ..... no diesel ... OK maybe petrol .... oh bugger .....

Head and heart argue for some days .... OK petrol and I'll try not to think about it anymore