View Single Post
      09-27-2006, 11:22 PM   #37
lux.sh
missing two turbos.

Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi
Hey Shiv, regarding traction...what good would the power be if you can't put it down with the loss of traction that you mentioned or the intervening traction control? Would you have to get wider tires to be able to even launch effectively or maybe even R-Compounds? It'd be almost silly to see people chip their cars only to see them just spinning their tires when they mash on the gas pedal (and they will you know). I thought I read in a recent Roundel article that Dinan's supercharged M5 required R-comps because of this. I'm curious about this as I am about the tranny's ability to handle this power. And do you think that the lack of LSD will become magnified with the upgrade, if you don't notice this defiency already?

I know its still very early in your tuning, but in the future, I'd want to know what it would take beyond the software upgrade to fully utilize the power you're getting out of this puppy. I'll be following your progress very closely . Great job so far .
This is a trouble every tuned vehicles must go through and I honestly don't think there is a definite answer for this. Its not like this is a 600whp supra. Traction is a problem, but hopefully the people who chip their cars aren't stupid enough to "mash on the gas pedal". Controlling the throttle becomes much more important as the car gains more and more power. 3500pds, 300whp, RWD, combined with upgraded wider/bigger wheels and sticker/wider tires, sounds like totally streetable car that we shouldn't really have a huge problem with. LSD will be a great upgrade though. but honestly, we are not looking at a huge V8 torque monster here. Lets not get too scared.

by the way, your E46 is absoutely beautiful.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
lux.sh is offline   United_States