View Single Post
      09-28-2006, 09:02 PM   #79
shiv@vishnu
Tuner

Drives: X1, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo1
Very impressive numbers. I know what my next car will be now, just whether to get the coupe or sedan now.

Speaking of the Xede.... are there any features that clearly won't transfer over from the EVO world? Such as the Smart system, Meth Injection, launch control, no lift shift, etc. I know these items haven't been developed yet, but wanted to know if some were straight out impossible on the 335 with the Xede.

Oh and for the people that haven't met Shiv at a dyno day... the dyno tunes are impressive and the test drives afterwards are very nice too. I had the opportunity to work the dyno while he was tuning several cars in Houston and the gains just with the Xede were very nice indeed
Thanks for the kind words. Forgive me for my lack of memory.. were you operating the dyno at Engine Logics? Or do I have my dynos mixed up? Regardless, nice to see you here!

As for the Xede, just about all the features we've developed for the Evo/Suby can apply to the Bimmer. Although I'm not sure how many 335i owners would want to run methanol, no lift shift, launch control, etc,. At first, we're going to try to keep things simple with respect to options. Perhaps just offer map switching and a few different maps for people to chose from.

-shiv
shiv@vishnu is offline   United_States