Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomswift
I have had Lexus, Infiniti and now 335 Nav. The Lexus is probably the most full featured. Includes route simulation and lists which show turns coming up not just a single instruction as you approach turn. Infiniti 3D is nice but not needed. Very hard to enter addresses. I like the BMW entry process and voice system.
I've used lots of different navs on several makes of cars, and the BMW nav is as good or better at the turn by turn instructions, as JSpira said. Also, the graphics on the BMW screen are better than just about any other in-car nav. What the BMW lacks is a good search interface. Other cars are light years ahead of BMW in that regard. And also, the BMW nav should tell me if my destination address is on the right or left. Every other nav in the world does that. But oh well, I can live with the BMW nav as it is, limitations and all.

I quoted tomswift because he may not realize that the BMW has a "list of the whole route and all turns coming up" similar to the Lexus list, just not quite as good as on Lexus. When you are routing on the BMW, click the iDrive on the map screen for the "go back" arrow. Move up to choose "route list" and select it. Now you can see all the turns on the route as well as the distance to them as you drive along.

Also, I am sure you already know this, but the nav is most useful with the small assist window on the right set to "arrow display" so you can always see the next turn and the distance to it.