View Single Post
      10-12-2006, 04:59 PM   #1
jvey

Drives: F11 535d

My 335d arrived!

After only 5 weeks of waiting, I picked up my E92 335d Space Gray with 189 wheels (I know a very popular color/wheel combination) today!!

I left my 6 year old E46 330d (225hp/500Nm) with 318000km on the counter, at the dealer.

I must say, what a difference with my good old E46!! Styling, interior, equipement, performance,.... everything!!

When it comes to any purchase, I always want to try it, whether it's shoes, phone, ... so also a car. But this time, I ordered a car that I didn't drove, not even saw in real!! And after 2 week of waiting, I became a little nervous, unsure about the color, the wheels, everything...

But when I saw the beauty, no more doubts!

So what are my first driving experiences?
I was amazed about all the features that are in the car: navi, CA, VC, BT,... I was only used to a small OBC on the E46... So it will take a while before getting to know them all.
Then the actual driving: after only 70km the 1st night, I'm not yet familiar with the shifting paddles and the way the autotranny works in manual mode. But give me a week, and that will be history.
One thing that I miss is an oil- or water temp. meter. Isn't that on the US version? I surely would feel more comfortable to push her once I see she's on temperature.

I know this thread is worthless without pics but I'm sure she will be easier to take pics once we know eachother
jvey is offline   Belgium