Private First Class
Rep

Drives: E90 6MT ZSP ZPP 322 522

Garage List
2007 X3  [4.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownBMW View Post
Next year I am turning 30 and expecting my first child so I feel the need to get a new "toy." The 1.9% rate through the end of the year has me very interested in both the 2009 335i coupe and convertible, but I really didn't want to fire up a new car until early spring since it makes little sense to break one in as we approach the winter months in Chicago.
Congratulations on your pending birthday and baby.

Calling a new car a "toy" and your interest in the financing your purchase would indicate that this is really a discretionary "want" rather than a "need." Limiting your options to 2 door vehicles gives no consideration to putting junior into a child seat.

Major changes in life can be scary. As parenthood and the big 3-0 approaches you might feel burdened, tied down, perhaps seeing the end of a carefree life. A new car could be a way to assert your identity. On the other hand, your spouse might see this as a selfish purchase or possibly an expression of your independence from the family unit. With a baby on the way, what would be the responsible thing to do?

Growing up sometimes sucks.

E90 6MT ZSP ZPP 322 522 LCCZ 688 TTGO730 BLACKLINES
E83 6AT ZSP ZPP 522 508 4AS 191M LUSW A35 NUVI755T BLACKLINES
Donzi ZR