View Single Post
      04-22-2009, 05:45 AM   #10
Malbolge
Major General

Drives: TiAg Z4 Coupe 3.0Si

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pracing View Post
Damn.. you should think about epoxy or clear coating those CF trim pieces.. that can tear up easily, and it will shine a lot better with a coat!
I don't want to, I think you are over reacting a little.

It will look shiny as shit and the fabric is strong, why would it tear unless you try to scratch it with screwdriver? You can do epoxy, but good luck with applying many coats, trying to polish it out. It's not going to match my matte cloth interior either. And there is like 100 guys on this site who all did the wrap without epoxy. ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
But, based on the following picture of the Carbon Leather trim of the M3, the weave on the driver side door should go like this: //////////////

http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...8&d=1203386958

So should the passenger side also go //////////// or should it go \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\? I couldn't find any pictures of the passenger side door on M3Post.
oh, i used the wet carbon look from EAS trim as idea... dunno, I think it's fine the way it is. :P

I think that everyone should just be a bt aware of how it goes and then decide how they like it. I know that Audi does use ///// this pattern non stop on all sides because their CF pieces meet on door-dash (at least on some models I saw). Could be different in BMW.

Last edited by Malbolge; 04-22-2009 at 06:09 AM.
Malbolge is offline   Estonia