ED budget & more pics
Burning time between evaluation of hormone assays... Wondering where car might be. Thought I would finish up a few more items about the ED trip.
First off, let me say thanks to you all for the wonderful notes. It was just really nice for you to take the time to respond with such words of encouragement and kindness.
Been back for almost a month now, and I still view our trip as one of the highlights of my life. Wish we could have stayed 5 weeks (or months!) instead of days. In retrospect, maybe the only thing that possibly could be better is delivery at the Welt. Definitely looking forward to that experience. Starting to convince myself that we might have to go back and get a 335dT in a couple years. And then a Z2 M after that...
Budget for ED trip:
1230 Lufthansa 2 for 1 fare & taxes
390 Four nights hotels (3 star)
130 Meals (most breakfasts free w/hotel)
85 Trains (includes Zugspitze)
40 Tolls, etc.
Some more pics (from top to bottom):
(1) Bernhard rocks. Here he is explaining to Rick how the bi-turbo system works. What a brilliant guy!
(2) Driving by the center of the universe
(3) On our way up the Utzal valley -- Timmelsjoch
(4) A typical awesome meal, lakeside below the Zugspitze (Rick is the vegetarian...)
(5) View towards Austria from the Zugspitze (sad how much the glacier has shrunk from global warming)
Last edited by stressdoc; 09-10-2007 at 04:20 PM.