View Single Post
      05-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #11
AlanIOW
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: E93 320d M Sport Convertible

The Deed is Done!!

It took me all day, but I have now got fully operational Flappy Paddles on my 320D. I must say they are brilliant, you can leave it in D but over-ride without having to move the Selector to DS so a quick flick and your in the right gear for a hill or an overtaking manoeuvre, then it reverts back to D itself if you don't do anything.

It cost me 200 for the M Sport Wheel and Paddles off Ebay, I just had to shift over the Airbag and Multi Function switches from my old wheel. The wiring is a bit tricky, but luckily there are 2 spare holes in the Multi Function Switch plug which I inserted the metal pins and connected through the Slip Ring and eventually found where they appear on the other side of the Indicator Switch gear. Again I had to insert 2 pins, then thread a wire to the gear selector. I used pins and connector wires from old computer Audio Cables and Pin Header Plugs, so they cost nothing. I did ask my BMW spares dept. for some of the original plugs and sockets, but they would have cost about 50 as they only sell the various bits in packs of 10!! plus they would have to order them and they could not confirm they would be the correct items as they only use similar diagrams to realoem.com .

I must thank all those who have posted various DIY projects, like Steering Wheel Changing and Centre Console removal as I would never have had the confidence to blindly strip down the various bits to get at the electrics.
Attached Images

Last edited by AlanIOW; 05-02-2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Add Picture