Vudoo4u2
Night Sh1ft

Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to Vudoo4u2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewishcubbiesfan View Post
thanks for all the help guys. I believe I found a pretty good package...tell me what you think

Nikon D90 with 18-105mm lens, 70-300mm lens, extra battery, and UV filter for $2074.00? They also said they would throw in 2hours of training for free..

What do you guys think? I couldn't find a better deal anywhere online. Also, I was thinking of taking a photoshop class from the local community college, any thoughts on that? Have you taken any classes like that in the past? helpful? beneficial?

thanks for all the help

be wary of the premade "kits" you see posted. heres a few reasons:

1) UV filter they give you is junk most likely, why put cheap glass on top of your good glass? Your lens is only as good as the weakest link
----Get B+W filters for your lenses (not cheap, but the best)
----www.hvstar.net has them cheaper, but you'll wait a week to receive it since it comes from HK

2) they are packaging in two lenses which are O.K, but if youre willing to spend 2k, you could do better
---D90+18-200 VR lens is a great starter combo imo, one pretty damn good lens, and no need to swap for most scenes, should run you notably less than 2k in total, and if you want to add a particular lens after that, you can always do that

3) skip the training unless you really want it, not a reason to buy into a package

as far as photoshop class, it could be neat, but I guess you should make sure the focus of the class is photography vs just general photoshop usage. Theres a good website called http://www.good-tutorials.com/ which can probably give you a lot of ideas with photoshop, and toying around with adobe lightroom is always a great help as well since you can get a real good feel for what you can do to your shots in a more basic interface

hope this helps!!