Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman
Over the past several months I have been thinking of all sorts of options from placing a duct on the fender itself, to utilizing a M-like front fender grille to channel air in, but then decided it best if I take advantage of the RAM air effect.

You could always remove and replace the existing brake duct. I've been thinking of removing it, taking it to a machine shop, and having them make me one out of aluminum with an extra opening for the air intake. What do you think about that idea?
thinking out of the box!.....thats a very good idea, i dont know where any metal shops are arund here but i should start looking for one. Maybe i wont even need to go to a metal shop, but just make an incision on the brake duct and make the air come from that, but it might not give sufficient cooling since there will be less air to it..what do you think?