View Single Post
      06-09-2009, 10:43 AM   #24
marconi118
Captain
Rep

Drives: 06/07 e93 335i

Yes indeed I sow on the other thread over ride control in suspension section (a lot of pictures) that it has ride control on both front and rear.

My plan is to upgrade on M3 suspension parts, so yes I will have to order a special 335/m3 mixed kit by bilstein.

Could you post some pics of the front upper bearing? I think it reuses the original spring plate and bearing.
The problem is that the 335i oem bearing is in soft rubber bushing that gives poor handling. In fact the E92 M3 has a complete different bearing+plate made of Aluminium (see on realoem.com). It is impossible to use this aluminium bearing+plate on the 335i beacuse the diameter of the 335i spring is bigger.
So whe should use M3 front springs with the 335 bilstein shock + M3 bearing

The kit should have only the front shocks for 335i and all the rest from M3 ride control kit.... difficult to obtain.

Indeed Biltein is producing a PSS10 with manual damping settings (10 steps) but olso a fixed damping kit PSS B14 I think that costs lot less. It should have fixed sport damping.

H&R mades 2 kits (one fixed one manually adjustable) thar are in inox (like KW) the shocks are made by bilstein and identical to PSS10 monotube. They are cheaper and in inox.

In reality for both PSS and HR kits bilstein is doing the shocks and HR the springs. each company his own speciality... they made a bussines contract since long time now...