View Single Post
      06-17-2009, 02:42 AM   #93

Drives: 335i Coupe BSM

Originally Posted by taliesen View Post
My new car should be in port tomorrow - I was planning on calling my CA in the morning and requesting that the dealership do absolutely no prep on my car and leave the shipping plastic, etc, on. I definitely don't want the dealer to install the swirl option, but what about at the VPC? I understand they wash the cars there as well. Does that mean the VPC is actually the place they install the shipping plastic? And should I be asking the CA to tell the VPC to do nothing with the car?

Just trying to figure out if it is something I need to deal with when it gets to the VPC, or if I only have to worry about my dealer getting their dirty sponges on it . . .

Nothing you can do about VPC. Just don't think about it. Just make sure the dealer only does the mechanical pre-delivery inspection and nothing else. The car will still have all the stickers, plastic on the seats etc and you'll be glad they didn't touch it...
E92 335i Coupe Delivered 5.30.07 | Black Sapphire | Black Dakota | Grey Poplar | OEM 230 19" Wheels | Michelin PS2s | GP Thunder 8500K Angels
__________________________________________________ __________