View Single Post
      07-14-2009, 12:54 AM   #31
iPodAddict
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyRide View Post
You guys have to go to my stats and find this argument I'm having with a canadian douchebag that has nothing nice to say about NYC or the People here!
douchebag checking in...

listen man, I went to Cielo on saturday night which IS IN the meat packing district (freaking bizarre town name, but whatever)... and I had a blast however it didn't live up to the expectations that I was given.

I had never been to NYC before until this weekend. I've been to Virginia Beach and Florida (a crap load of places in florida).

Other than that, my trips venture out to europe. The party scene in europe is like no other. If you care to disagree with me, that's fine... ignorance is bliss... however millions of people vacation to greece, poland, czech, spain and portugal to party like rockstars. The only other places I would love to go and tear it up at is Brazil and possibly Singapore (waaay too far and long of an air flight for my likings).

NYC was sub-par. From the friday night when I went to check out Pacha (it was closed), the Hudsons Terrace was littered with douchebag ginos and not enough women. I skipped out on that and ventured down to Websters Hall (a few of the locals suggested it, including the bouncers AT hudsons terrace and the one next door... I think it was called "Salon"??). Either way, I know how to talk to bouncers. I'm not new to this scene... I didn't once pay for cover except at Websters Hall. They were keen on making me pay... I felt robbed when all I saw was teeny boppers.

What really pissed me off was that two of the bartenders refused to serve me MY drink. I didn't ask for the house vodka (absolut junk... if you catch my drift...). I wanted a belvedere with an Un-Opened Redbull. I don't care for paying more - I just want MY drink the way I wanted it. It took everything in me not to leave. I suffered through that friday night.

Saturday I walked around times square and chatted up a few of the local workers at different places (from restaurants to stores to even the Information Center LOL). I got a general vibe from the house junkies to check out Cielo or APT.

I went to cielo that night and it was a zillion times better than websters hall the night before. I drank my face off and even befriended a few of the bouncers. If you're ever planning on going there - just talk with Josh and tell him you're the Canadian guys' friend.

But I want to bring back the point I was trying to make... the expectation bar was set very high for me when on the first hour of my arrival at manhattan I had spent closer to $250 on dinner. When the mediocre places are charging $250 for a meal for two and a bottle of wine... I expect the rest of the city to follow suit. I was piss-poorly let down on the night life scene. From the redbull vodkas being $17 U.S. each... I expect:

1 - A DAMN GOOD DRINK.
2 - A more higher end class of people
3 - Standards

All in that order of importance.

The standards were subjective however I didn't once run into one girl (whether it be with or without a man) that made me go DAMN!... other than the fat ass at IHOP in Harlem.... DON'T ASK... My GPS NAV wanted me dead apparently. Me and my friend were the only two white people in that IHOP lololol... fucking awkward.

I'll post more later if you're open to a more civilized chat.

Edit: Why did you get banned? I didn't complain lol... I was too busy driving back to Toronto today.