View Single Post
      07-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #67
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasspeed View Post
I tend to agree on the "you could buy an M3 for that money now" argument. I have blown about $8k on my Stage 3 mods including labor which isn't too bad. I have definitely looked at how much more it would have costed me to get an E92 M3(new). I am still about $12,000 off actually. Then again it depends on how much you paid new as well but BMW doesn't discount that much.

The LSD is a great idea but for $3k I am up to $11k in mods from Dinan not counting wheels/tires and downpipes. After all is said and done maybe I should have bought an M3? I guess the M3 doesn't have our torque but they handle great right out of the showroom.
There is a much better alternative to the Dinan products. The IC for example is similar to the Code3 FMIC, and used to be produced by the same manufacture(Turbonetics). Dinan added some air baffles and really marked up the retail price.

Same goes with Dinan Stage 3 suspension, it can be duplicated for much less with even better handling characteristics.